At the time of submission of an expression of interest or full application, the Fondation Leducq requires applicants to declare Significant Financial Interests, Fiduciary Relationships, and Executive Positions:
- That would reasonably appear to be affected by the research for which Fondation Leducq funding is sought; or
- In entities whose financial interests would reasonably appear to be affected by the research.
Significant Financial Interest means anything of monetary value, including but not limited to, salary or other payments for services (consulting fees or honoraria); equity interests (e.g., stocks, stock options or other ownership interests); and intellectual rights (e.g., patents and royalties from such rights). The term does not include:
- Salary, royalties, or other remuneration from an Investigator’s Institution;
- Income from seminars, lectures, or teaching engagements sponsored by public or nonprofit entities;
- Income from service on advisory committees or review panels for public or nonprofit entities;
- An equity interest that when aggregated for the Investigator and the Investigator’s spouse and dependent children, meets both of the following tests: Does not exceed $15,000 in value as determined through reference to public prices or other reasonable measures of fair market value, and does not represent more than a five percent ownership interest in any single entity; or
- Salary, royalties or other payments that when aggregated for the Investigator and the Investigator’s spouse and dependent children over the next twelve months, are not expected to exceed $15,000.
Fiduciary Relationship means any position with a business, whether or not for-profit, which subjects an Investigator to a fiduciary duty to such business, including but not limited to, service in an Executive Position or as a member of the Board of Directors or other governing body of such business.
Executive Position means any position which includes fiduciary and other responsibilities for a material segment of the operation or management of a business. It specifically includes positions with the titles of “Scientific Director” and “Medical Director.”
Declaration and management of conflict of interest during the term of the grant will be handled as stated in the research agreement.
Disclosure forms to be submitted with letters of intent or full applications are available for download here.