At the time of submission of an expression of interest or full application, the Leducq Foundation requires applicants to declare Signiﬁcant Financial Interests, Fiduciary Relationships, and Executive Positions:
- That would reasonably appear to be aﬀected by the research for which Leducq funding is sought; or
- In entities whose ﬁnancial interests would reasonably appear to be aﬀected by the
Signiﬁcant Financial Interest means anything of monetary value, including but not limited to, salary or other payments for services (consulting fees or honoraria); equity interests (e.g., stocks, stock options or other ownership interests); and intellectual rights (e.g., patents and royalties from such rights). The term does not include:
- Salary, royalties, or other remuneration from an Investigator’s Institution;
- Income from seminars, lectures, or teaching engagements sponsored by public or nonproﬁt entities;
- Income from service on advisory committees or review panels for public or nonproﬁt entities;
- An equity interest that when aggregated for the Investigator and the Investigator’s spouse and dependent children, meets both of the following tests: Does not exceed $15,000 in value as determined through reference to public prices or other reasonable measures of fair market value, and does not represent more than a ﬁve percent ownership interest in any single entity; or
- Salary, royalties or other payments that when aggregated for the Investigator and the Investigator’s spouse and dependent children over the next twelve months, are not expected to exceed $15,000.
Fiduciary Relationship means any position with a business, whether or not for-proﬁt, which subjects an Investigator to a ﬁduciary duty to such business, including but not limited to, service in an Executive Position or as a member of the Board of Directors or other governing body of such business.
Executive Position means any position which includes ﬁduciary and other responsibilities for a material segment of the operation or management of a business. It speciﬁcally includes positions with the titles of “Scientiﬁc Director” and “Medical Director.”
Declaration and management of conﬂict of interest during the term of the grant will be handled as stated in the research agreement.
Disclosure forms to be submitted with letters of intent or full applications are available for download here.