The United States-based Leducq Foundation for Cardiovascular Research (LFCR) is a not-for-profit private foundation under the 501(c)(3) tax code.
The Leducq Corporation, located in Boston, MA, provides administrative services to the Leducq organization’s grant-making entities.
The scientific activities of the Leducq organization are guided by a fourteen-member Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), composed of internationally recognized experts in cardiology, cardiac surgery, and neurovascular medicine from Europe and North America. The SAC is responsible for evaluating the scientific merit of all funding requests made to the foundation, and for monitoring the progress of those research programs ultimately selected for funding. According to the SAC charter, there shall be fourteen members on the SAC, seven of whom should be from North-America, and seven from Europe. The Presidency of the SAC is to rotate every three years between North American and European members.
The Officers of LFCR are:
- David Tancredi, M.D., Ph.D., President
- Martín Landaluce, Vice President
- James Floyd, Secretary
Scientific Advisory Committee
North American members:
- Dr. Dale Abel, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, California , USA
- Dr. Donna Ferriero, University of California, San Francisco, California USA
- Dr. Klaus Ley, La Jolla Institute for Immunology, La Jolla, California, USA
- Dr. Daniel Rader (President), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
- Dr. Todd Rosengart, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
- Dr. Anthony Rosenzweig, Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts, MA, USA
- Dr. Gordon Tomaselli, Marilyn and Stanley M. Katz Dean of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
- Dr. Catherine Boileau, Bichat Hospital, France
- Dr. Barbara Casadei, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Dr. Elisabetta Dejana, University of Milan, Italy
- Dr. Thomas Eschenhagen, University Medical Center Hamburg, Germany
- Dr. Christine Mummery, Leiden University Medical Center, Netherlands
- Dr. Anna Planas, Biomedical Research Institute of Barcelona (IIBB), Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Rudi Zechner, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Karl Franzens Universität Graz, Austria