The Leducq Foundation supports research into the development of a Group A Strep Vaccine which is intended to not only prevent superficial group A strep infections (pharyngitis and skin infections) but also prevent more serious invasive disease and post-infectious complications including rheumatic heart disease.
We have assembled a Vaccine Advisory Committee composed of:
- Göran Hansson, Committee Chair, Professor of Experimental Cardiovascular Research, Karolinska Institute
- Jerome Kim, MD, Director General of the International Vaccine Institute
- Allan Saul, PhD, Ex- Director of GSK Vaccines Institute for Global Health
- Liesl Zuhlke, MD, Pediatric Cardiologist Capetown University, SAMRC Vice President-Extramural Research & Internal Portfolio
- Jim Musser, MD, PhD, Chair, Department of Pathology & Genomic Medicine, Houston Methodist Hospital, Cornell Medical Center
- Staffan Normark, MD, PhD, Professor of Microbiology and Infectious Disease, Karolinska Institute