Transatlantic Networks of Excellence Program
The Fondation Leducq Transatlantic Networks of Excellence Program provides $6,000,000 over ﬁve years to teams of researchers working collaboratively in the areas of cardiovascular and neurovascular disease.
Details about the program are available in the Program Description. As of 2017, the foundation has supported 57 networks, representing more than 400 investigators at 130 institutions in 21 countries.
Funded Networks of 2017
The Transatlantic Networks of Excellence Program grant recipients of 2017 are listed below by project title and principal coordinators. For information about each network, please click on the project title.
- European Coordinator: Fredrik BÄCKHED, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg (Sweden)
- North American Coordinator: Stanley HAZEN, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH (USA)
- European Coordinator: Connie R. BEZZINA, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- North American Coordinator: Mario DELMAR, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY (USA)
- European Coordinator: Holger GERHARDT, Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association, Berlin (Germany)
- North American Coordinator: Douglas MARCHUK, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (USA)
- European Coordinator: Miguel TORRES, Fundación Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (CNIC), Madrid (Spain)
- North American Coordinator: Hesham A. SADEK, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX (USA)
- European Coordinator: Olivier STAUB, University of Lausanne, Lausanne (Switzerland)
- North American Coordinator: Paul WELLING, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, MD (USA)